Yesterday, something went in my mind. I have all Gmail, Windows Live Mail Beta, I didn’t have Yahoo! Mail Beta. So I wanted it by hook or by crook! And so the hunt began and I found this very neat trick.
The whole things just worked perfectly for me, and I am in love with it. Its so good, so much better. The only major flaw is that it does not support Opera 9. The other drawback is that it take quite a long time to load, slightly longer than Gmail but much lesser than Windows Live Mail. And one more thing I might add is the labeling feature from Gmail.
So here’s the trick to get the “Invite for Yahoo! Mail Beta“. (Please use IE or Firefox)
- Log in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- On the top left, besides “Mail” button, there is one down arrow, click there.
- Go to “Option.”
- On the left panel, click on ““Account Information“. It will ask for the Yahoo account password. Verify It.
- On the next page click on “edit” under Membership Information category.
- In the last panel, you will find “Yahoo Content”, which would be something like, English- U.S., or English – India or something… click on it.
- Select “English-United Kingdom.”
- Accept the new agreemnts. And blah blah and click on Finished.
- Now just go to http://mail.yahoo.com, you will get an invitation to join “Yahoo! Mail Beta”!!!!
You can change the content back to ur country (I changed back to India instantly after accepting the Invitation), no probs watsoever.